Appointment What Ifs




What if you Need Help When the Practice is Closed

If you need medical help now, use NHS 111 online or call 111.

NHS 111 online is for people aged 5 and over. Call 111 if you need help for a child under 5.

Call 999 in a medical or mental health emergency. This is when someone is seriously ill or injured and their life is at risk.


What if you want to chase up a prescription request

  • It takes a minimum of 48 hours to process a routine repeat prescription.  
  • You can ring 111 if you have run out of your medication

What if you want to know the results of a test requested by the hospital

  • Ask the hospital department that requested the test for the result. The patient has been referred to the hospital for a specialist opinion, therefore they need the specialist to interpret the test and provide advice.

What if you have spoken with a GP about medication, but you are not happy with the outcome


What if you have been referred to the Sirona MSK service and haven’t heard anything yet


What if you have been referred for a scan and haven’t heard anything yet

  • Please ring radiology appointments on 01174148989

What if you are pregnant


What if you have a concern about a relative or friend


What if you would like a hearing test


What if you need to see a dentist


What if you have had a minor injury

You can visit the minor injury unit if your injury occurred less than 2 weeks ago.  

The unit is open from 8am until 8pm, seven days a week including bank holidays. X-ray facilities are available from 8am until 7.30pm, Monday to Friday and from 9am until 5.30pm Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays. 

You can drop in with no appointment necessary or you can be referred in by another healthcare professional, such as your GP.

Visit the Yate Minor Injury Unit (MIU) website


What if you have an eye related emergency

The Bristol Eye Hospital's ophthalmic Accident and Emergency department is specifically for people with eye-related emergencies. It is open 7 days a week between 08:30 and 16:30 (including on public holidays).

Visit the Bristol Eye Hospital website


What if you want some wellbeing advice

One You South Gloucestershire is a healthy lifestyle and wellbeing service targeted at adults to help make important, lasting improvements to their health.

Visit the One You South Gloucestershire website


What if you want to get an autism assessment for your child

You can self refer to the Sirona Autism Hub-see website for more information

Visit the Autism Spectrum Assessment Service


What if you need some mental health advice

Free NHS mental health services for residents of Bristol, Somerset & Gloucestershire | IAPT | Talking therapies | Self refer | Vita Health Group.

Visit NHS Talking Therapies


What if you want to start or continue your oral contraceptive pill

You can go to a pharmacy to start or get a new supply of your oral contraceptive pill

Find a pharmacy that offers the contraceptive pill without a prescription


What if you want sexual health advice 

Free and confidential sexual health services in the Bristol area.

Visit the Unity Sexual Health website